Woman to Woman:
Maximizing Your Circle of Influence
A Personal and Professional Development Workshop for Women and Their Circle of Influence
A confidential workshop with the intimacy of a one on one
Registration starts at 9:00am
Workshop starts at 10:00am
Ends at 6:00pm
Why many women have not been able to maximize books, workshops or their circle of influence:
In our society, women tend to invest more time on personal development and leadership training than men. At the same time, they usually approach their development in a vacuum. They do it on their own. Women learn new stuff and return to work or home to a desert that is void of any of the new thinking they just learned.
The problem with that approach is you retain greater amounts of what you practice. Reading books and attending workshops, as an individual is a path to retaining 20% or less. Why? When you return home or to work the people in your environment may have no idea about the journey you are taking personally or professionally. For them, your development may appear to be a foreign language. Therefore, they have no idea how to support you. It will be difficult for them to be your partner to practice new and empowering techniques, thought processes and philosophies. As a result, it can sometimes appear that aspects of your life are hitting a wall; or worse yet, the glass ceiling.
Maximizing Your Circle of Influence is the solution. Every woman has a circle of women that surrounds her – her circle of influence. There is your mother, grandmother, aunts, sisters, daughter, friends, cousins, coworkers, neighbors, hobbyists, etc.
Circle of Influence
Every woman has a circle of 10 women
If you bring 2 women from each part of your circle, it will be easy to have 10 partners on your journey of transformation – a breakthrough in your personal or professional life. These women influence different parts of your everyday life. If they attend the workshop with you, they will be part of the journey. They will learn the new language, thought processes and techniques. These new ways of thinking can be effortlessly practiced in normal everyday conversations, at work, over the phone or social gatherings. As a group, everyone will have mutual accountability built into their life. At the same time, your Circle of Influence will be going through a similar journey of transformation. This even includes the woman who already has everything handled.
Are you here?
Are you unsure what a breakthrough would be for you?
Do you have a breakthrough that seems impossible from where you stand?
Do you feel your life is so great that other women can’t relate to you?
Is it lonely at the top?
Your career great, but your personal life horrible?
Have you read all the self-help books, but still can’t help yourself?
Would you like to be here?
Imagine a life worthy of an Olympic champion
Develop and accomplish a breakthrough initiative
Learn how to deal decisively with problem behavior from your self and others
Uncover belief systems that create barriers, blind spots and roadblocks
Learn where you get stopped in career, relationships, health, personal growth and development. And acquire the tools to do something about it.
Develop tools for effective and empowering communication
Learn why you cannot consistently bring passion into your life
Learn to overcome being a control freak
Learn tools to empower yourself and people in your environment
Acquire tools to dismantle and break up patterns and belief systems that derail personal relationships and business success
Learn to address conflict promptly and directly in your personal and professional life
An opportunity to experience yourself in a confidential and empowering environment with other women who are friends, family and coworkers. And network with other successful women.
What would be a breakthrough for you? A breakthrough or quantum leap is a result you would like to produce, except, it looks impossible with your current resources. However, once produced, it will alter the future of your enterprise or career forever.
Some of the biggest deterrents to breakthroughs are the amount of uncertainty, frustration, problems or breakdowns you will most likely encounter. Therefore, most people, instead, focus on improvements and doing more, better or different of what they’ve always done. Unfortunately, that can sometimes cause your career or company to head towards obsolescence.
In your personal or professional life, it’s difficult to see that everything you already know has contributed to getting you to where you are currently. In many cases, what got you to where you are will not get you where you would like to be. Where you would like to be may require new skills, competencies and a completely new mindset, like a breakthrough. What stops breakthroughs? Biases, roadblocks, barriers and blind spots.
Learn to distinguish when your strengths become your weaknesses, roadblocks or barriers. For example, as a woman, there are many myths about what makes a successful leader. One is that she always has to work twice as hard as a man. This belief alone can cause some women to eventually experience overwhelm as they rise through the ranks. And it can be a blind spot.
This workshop is designed to help participants uncover bind spots and acquire tools to replace those impediments so you can fulfill your next level of achievement. Become bold, powerful and courageous, on your own terms, without being the aggressor. And discover what a breakthrough would be for you.
More importantly, the workshop is designed to empower women with tools to work through the imminent problems and breakdowns that most often derail breakthrough initiatives. Emotional resilience is a critical tool for breakthroughs.
Learn a methodology that is simple to learn and practical to apply in real life.
You’ll learn 5 things the most successful and powerful women never do.
Some of the tools you will gain in this workshop are the following:
1. Managing conflict – breakdowns, problems, disruptions, etc.: It is possible to manage conflict without egos and power struggles. If not, goals and accomplishments can be quickly derailed. Acquire tools to manage yourself and others without avoiding the situation, yelling or manipulating. And everyone wins.
2. Finding your voice: Do you often have something to say, however, you hesitate for fear of looking foolish or weak? Empowering people do not just speak their minds. They speak in a way that leaves themselves and others empowered, even in the face of disagreement.
3. Managing how you’re perceived: A strong image in your personal and professional life can take years to build. Except, it can be destroyed in seconds. How can you avoid sabotaging your reputation? Here’s a way to learn to protect one of your greatest assets – your reputation.
4. Getting buy-in from others: Do you believe you have to manipulate or intimidate others to get what you want? Learn the simple art of negotiating, instead of compromising. Learn the five things powerful women never do.
5. Developing a thick skin: Empowering people make tremendous accomplishments in the face of criticism. Learn healthy ways to manage disagreement or disapproval. Learn how problems or breakdowns can have seeds of opportunity. Develop and increase emotional resilience.
6. Learn the language of success leaders: If you listen to leaders of an organization, social movement or sports team, there is a language they use that empowers themselves and those who surround them. Acquire the tools to keep you on track even when circumstances seem to derail you.
How you see yourself
- Bossy…. Moody….Complainer…overcoming labels that are sometimes imposed on women
- Blind spots, roadblocks, barriers & biases
- Uncovering what you don’t know you don’t know
Develop all the right stuff
- Stop trying to fit in
- Learn how you listen to yourself and others
Project credibility and earn the respect you deserve
- How your belief systems affect credibility
- Common myths that are inherited
Always communicate purposefully and meaningfully
- What do you stand for?
- What are you committed to?
- What is the intention of your communication?
Light the fire at home and work
- The #1 lesson is that it’s not about you
- You have a plan for your life – but you don’t have the passion
- Do people around you run to you with every little problem? The signs you may be contributing
And keep the flame burning
- 2 things about keeping the best people in your life happy
- 2 golden rules for setting goals and a making them stick
Turnaround challenges and find opportunities
- How to disagree without being negatively labeled behind your back
- Conflict fight or flight? Here’s a better option
- Learn the value of problems
- How the wisest women handle the 7 sources of conflict
- When disagreement arises, step into a leader’s role by adopting these 3 behaviors
Assess where you stand and where you go from here
- How to ask others for honest feedback – without seeming weak or putting anyone on the spot
- Who are the people around you?
- How to create your personal vision statement that defines your purpose and guides your future – with 25 words or less.
Let’s put it all together
- Case study in groups
- Debrief from case study
- Lessons learned